Once you have built the database you can navigate to the RanDrum page and configure what you want SampleSort to do.
Build The Kit
- On the left hand side are details about the drum samples in the database.
- There is also a rocker switch (+/-) to tell SampleSort how many of a particular sample type you want.
- Once you have set these click the drum icon on the right.
- SampleSort will randomly select samples and place them on the drum pads on the right of the screen.
- You can then audition the samples by clicking on the drum pads.
- If you like a particular sound you can “Ear-mark” it using the pad check-box.
- When you click the drum icon button a second time SampleSort will keep the samples you have “Ear-Marked”.
- Hit the Drum button button again.
- SampleSort then randomly select another batch of samples but keeps the ones you have selected.
- You can keep performing this until you have built the kit you want.
- Export to Native Instruments Battery Kit or just collect the samples together in a single location on disk
- If you want to start over completely, reset everything by clicking the + drum icon.
Export to Native Instruments Battery
- Build your kit as described in the work flow above.
- Make sure Native Instruments Battery is selected in the drop down menu.
- Give your drum kit a name.
- Click Export Kit button to export your Native Instruments Battery kit.